I’m not posting this because I’m convinced it will happen in this way. I’m using it as a springboard to help make my readers aware of THE PROPHECY that will — according to Jesus — signal the countdown to the “gathering of His elect.” Scroll down to read my commentary and the Scriptures that support it….
Final Peace Accord To Be Forced Upon Israel This Fall?
By Kade Hawkins
April 28, 2016
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has decided it is better to risk the wrath of his own supporters than to lose French and International support for action against Israel before the UN.
Folks in the “prophecy watching community” are looking for a number of different “signs” which will — in their minds — prove that Jesus is coming “soon.” As there is obvious confusion among the Palestinian authorities at the moment, we can say the same about “authorities” who speak about, publish books about, and insist that THEY ARE RIGHT about THEIR VIEW of Bible prophecy. In my view, this — more often than not — plays out in three basic ways among sincere followers of Christ:
- Those who identify with “the authorities” they agree with.
- Those who are following the crowd of believers looking hopefully to the skies for Jesus to appear at any moment.
- Those who blissfully could care less.
But there is an explanation that is often ignored or explained away by individuals whose opinions it contradicts. It’s the timeline that Jesus gave, referring to prophecies made known through the prophets Daniel and Isaiah.
Here’s what Jesus said in Matthew 24 (shortened):
15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ [Daniel 9:27; 11:31; 12:11] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains…. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again….
29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’ [Isaiah 13:10; 34:4]
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.“
Here’s what Daniel wrote:
“… the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. [Fulfilled when Jesus was crucified.] The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. [Fulfilled when Roman legions destroyed Jerusalem and the Jewish temple.] The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ [One ‘seven’ means a period of seven years.] In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.” (Daniel 9:26-27, New International Version)
Some common sense power points:
- “He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ Can anyone produce, in all of written history, an agreement, which was signed “with many,” that was agreed to conclude at the end of seven years? If not, that would mean we are still waiting for this prophecy to be fulfilled.
- “In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering.” The only place where appropriate sacrifices and offerings could be made to the God of Abraham, according to the Laws of Moses, was the Jewish temple — “the holy place” (see Matthew 24:15).
- “And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation …” The temple used by the Jews to offer sacrifices and offerings to the Lord God was completely destroyed by Roman legions in 70 A.D. — just as Jesus foretold (see Matthew 24:1-2).
“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand.” (Matthew 24:23-25)
- A COVENANT (or agreement) — possibly promising peace between the parties named — that is to last for SEVEN YEARS.
- The rebuilding of THE JEWISH TEMPLE.
- The DESECRATION OF THAT HOLY PLACE at approximately 3 1/2 YEARS AFTER THE SIGNING OF THAT AGREEMENT.
Will a seven-year agreement be signed between Israel and the Palestinians (and perhaps MANY other countries as well) as a result of efforts currently being made by the International Community? I have no idea. But … if the rest of what I’ve written here makes sense to YOU, please pray about forwarding this post and sharing it with others in printed form.
God forbid that any sincere followers of Christ give up prematurely — as tribulation becomes nearly unbearable — and be left behind.
Remain diligent and keep watching …