If you would like to catch up with Parts 1-9 in this series, link to: https://prophecyconnections.wordpress.com/category/daniel-prophecy-past-and-future/
THE GOD OF HEAVEN SPOKE THROUGH DREAMS CONCERNING THE FUTURE …
(Based on Daniel 1-2 and 7, New International Version and BibleGateway.com)
In this series we have explored Daniel 2 and 7, plus a prophecy connection in Revelation 17. I encourage my readers to follow the link above if you need to catch up with the details concerning 8 major “kingdoms” that have dominated the known world at different times in recorded history, which were foretold to the prophet Daniel. They include: Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, Great Britain / America, Russia, and Germany.
At the conclusion of King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream interpretation, Daniel foretold:
“In the time of those kings [represented by the ten toes], the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands—a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces. (Daniel 2:44-45)
Daniel also experienced a dream/vision. His featured symbolism in the form of four great beasts. Here is what was explained to him concerning the FOURTH BEAST (the kingdom that would follow the empires of Rome, Great Britain / America, Russia and Germany:
“He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time [3 1/2 years].
“‘But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely destroyed forever. Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.’ (Daniel 7:19-27)
So, what have we learned from Daniel’s insights into the future?
- God’s words are trustworthy.
- The “kingdoms” of Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, Great Britain / America, Russia and Germany appeared on earth just as foretold, and in each instance there is a connection to the descendants of Jacob — also known as ISRAEL.
- The global society in which we are living at some point be divided into 10 “KINGDOMS,” governed by 10 “KINGS.”
- At some point after that global division, ANOTHER “KING” WILL ARISE who is “different.”
- This eleventh king will be ruthless! He will “subdue” three of the ten kings.
- He will speak against the Most High God and “oppress His holy people” — the remaining descendants of Jacob and those who have been grafted into that family through the blood of Jesus Christ (Romans 11).
- He will “try to change the set times and laws” given by God to His chosen people through Moses (Leviticus 1-27).
- The “holy people” will be “delivered into his hands for 3 1/2 years.
I’m not going to try and explain these prophecies. But those who know about them and who stay alert and WATCH for these things to come about will be able to warn others.
Most important: “‘Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.’”
In the meantime, Jesus gave these instructions to His weary and confused disciples, “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matthew 26:41)
He knows that we cannot do it alone.