In April 2003, author Dan Brown’s blockbuster hit, The Da Vinci Code, was published. In 2004, Dr. James Carlow and Dr. Peter James published a rebuttal work titled, Cracking Da Vinci’s Code. As I said in my second post of this series, for every “statement of fact” and every scenario touted as “absolute truth,” there can be found — with the help of the Internet — someone who has published an opposing viewpoint, also based on their interpretation of “fact” and “truth” (including truth presented in Scripture and interpreted by individual, imperfect humans).
The Merovingian bloodline, depicted in Dan Brown’s novel, is a perfect example of “truth” and “dare” — I’ll write about the truth as I see it and dare you to prove me wrong!
My purpose for writing is not to choose a side and belabor its pros and cons. My intention is to help people understand THE DIFFERENCE between the Messianic bloodline (and DNA) that was completed in Jesus Christ and the bloodline that proponents claim leads back to a mythical union between Jesus and Mary Magdalene, called “Merovingian.”
If you would like to know more about the Merovingian bloodline from a secular perspective, I recommend that you read The Da Vinci Code, THEN read the books by Baigent, Leigh and Lincoln that it was based on:
- Holy Blood, Holy Grail (Dell Publishers, c. 1983; ISBN: 0-440-13648-2)
- The Messianic Legacy (Dell Publishers, c. 1986; ISBN: 0-440-20319-8)
The information that I share in this post is based on research published in two other books:
- Guardians of the Grail … and the men who plan to rule the world by J.R. Church (Prophecy Publications, c. 1991; ISBN: 0-941241-02-5)
- Bloodlines of the Illuminati by Fritz Springmeier (Ambassador House, c. 2002; ISBN: 0-9663533-2-3)
In the foreward section of Guardians of the Grail, J.R. Church writes:
“The primary purpose of this book is to present a scenario showing that this world is now ready to be duped into the most outrageously deceptive scheme ever perpetrated on mankind. In short, the world is going to soon accept a man as its leader. He will not only be accepted, he will be idolized and worshiped [Revelation 13]. Many will believe he is God. Not just a god, but God Almighty!
“Satan does not, in most cases, manipulate his devotees overtly. He operates in a subtle way, gradually seducing and deceiving, much of the time without his victim recognizing what is taking place. Each of us should realize that every day we are constantly being seduced and asked to make compromises in all areas of our lives….
“Someday, the Lord will allow his enemies to be controlled by ‘a reprobate mind.’ He will also ‘send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie’ [2 Thessalonians 2:10-12]. Only those who have a very close relationship with the Lord will be able to resist the acceptance of ‘the lie.’”
From Fritz Springmeier’s preface for his book, we learn this:
“I am especially pleased to present this book to you. In spite of a raid by Federal agents on March 1, 2002, which took pains to destroy my efforts at revising this book, it is still making its appearance again in a new revised version. Their efforts to suppress it failed.”
While J.R. Church includes “conspiracy theories” in his accounts, Fritz Springmeier claims that he only deals in facts. Guardians of the Grail is over 300 pages long. Bloodlines of the Illuminati is over 600 pages long. Between the two of them, there are numerous charts, graphs and photos that try to explain a phenomenon of men and women who feel elevated in importance, and who hope — or perhaps “plan” would be a better word — to at some point rule the entire world.
In an effort to quickly get to the authors’ “bottom line” conclusions, I’m going to focus on their documentation of the Merovingian bloodline ancestry. Here are some “fast facts” …
- The mythical “holy grail” is said to be the cup that Christ drank from at the Last Supper. It is believed by many to have mystical powers.
- According to Dan Brown’s novel, the “true grail” is not an object, but a bloodline that has been carefully and secretly protected over centuries of time. Only since the 1960’s have stories begun surfacing about the existence of a group (The Prieure or Priory de Sion), based in France, that has been working for generations behind the scenes to prepare for the emergence of a one-world government and the introduction of a global ruler.
- According to the tenets of this organization, Jesus only pretended to die, was taken from the cross, stolen from the tomb, and married Mary Magdalene. They produced children. When Jerusalem was attacked in 70 AD and the Temple destroyed, Mary M. fled with her sacred children by boat to France and found refuge in a Jewish community. Her offspring were said to have married into the royal Frankish family and by the fifth century produced a king — named Merovee, the patriarch of the “sacred” Merovingian bloodline.
- The offspring of Merovee were noted for a small red, cross-shaped birthmark above the heart. This birthmark became a symbol that was eventually adopted as an emblem for “the Guardians of the Grail” — the Knights Templar, organized in 1118 AD.
- In 1314, the Grand Master of the Knights Templar (Jaques de Molay) and the original owner of The Shroud of Turin (Geoffrey de Charney) were burned at the stake. The Knights Templar disbanded and scattered. Those who fled into Scotland developed a cohesive body that is known today as the Scottish Rite. Certain Masonic lodges have adopted rituals that were supposedly handed down from the ancient Templar organization. In the U.S., young men are admitted into the De Molay Society, named after the Grand Master of the 14th century Knights Templar. And at the end of the 19th century, the Nazi party (originally called the Thule Society) developed from a sinister Order of the Templars that was established in Germany and Austria.
That’s enough information to digest for now. Next we’ll look at the “French connection” to many American Presidents, including the Bush family and William Jefferson Clinton.